This community was inspired by the wonderful communities of open_on_sunday and good__evil and we encourage all members to join those communities and to participate in them fully. However, we felt that with lives being so busy, we could all use some more time, even if it was just to work on 100 words. Also, we realize that not all of us are writers but felt that even icon makers need another place to show off their mad skillz.
Challenges and Voting
1. Challenges are issued on Thursday evening between 9-10pm PST unless an issue arises. Challenge will either be a character, a prompt, a first sentence, an episode, or even a piece of art. All submissions must be from either Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Dollhouse and/or Dr. Horrible. These include but are not limited to: television shows, movies, books, comics, published RPGs (the released games), video games, and other licensed merchandise.
2. Challenges end at 7:59pm PST on the following Thursday. Please make sure you note the time before you enter.
3. Voting will go up at the end of the month and last for an entire month. At this time, submissions will not be anonymous.
4. If you win an award for first, second, or third place, you can only win ONE award. That means if Kelly wins first place, she cannot win second or third. It goes to the next highest score.
5. Scores are done on a graduated point system. 3 points for every 1st place vote, 2 points for every second place vote, 1 point for every third place vote.
6. PLEASE DO NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF! Please do not use sock journals to vote for yourself. Please do not pressure your friends to vote for you. Please vote for the best/most creative/most inspired response to the prompt. If you vote for yourself, use a sock journal to vote for yourself, or pressure your friends to vote for you, the votes will not be counted.
1. You can submit up to FIVE fics ranging from 100-2000 words per week.
2. All submissions must be posted within the community and tagged. Tagging instructions can be found here. No fake cuts to personal journals please. We encourage people to post to their own journals, obviously, but for the community, keep it here, please.
3. Participants must have a header as follows and the fiction needs to be under a cut.
5. Authors, please respond to any feedback left on your stories.
1. Participants in the icon category must conform to LJ standards of 100x100 and no more than 40kb.
2. Icons must be posted within the community. Any submissions over 3 icons must go behind a cut. Please put the prompt on your subject line. You can use the following, just copy/paste and replace URL with the URLs of your icons:
3. All icon kinds are allowed: textless, animated, blended, etc.
4. Participants can enter up to 5 icons within the one week time frame. Please post the URLs to the icon at the bottom of your post.
5. Artists, please respond to any feedback left on your icons.
6. Icons made from manips of your OWN creation are allowed. Please, if possible, include the larger manip for all to enjoy.
7. Caps will be provided but participants are encourage to find their own caps as well. We will mostly be taking them Screencap Paradise
1. Fanart includes but is not limited to: Wallpapers, blends, manips, ficpics, fanvideos, fanmixes, wall scolls, etc. Basically, anything that is not an icon. Participants may set their own standards.
2. Fanart must be posted within the community (no fake cuts to personal journals) and must be under a cut. Header (below) must be above the cut.
3. All fanart kinds are allowed: textless, animated, blended, etc.
4. Participants can enter up to 5 entries within the one week time frame.
5. Artists, please respond to any feedback left on your art.
6. Fanart over 500x500 must be thumbnailed and must lead to a larger version of the art.
7. Caps will be provided but participants are encourage to find their own caps as well. We will mostly be taking them Screencap Paradise.
8. Artists must use the following header for all art. ART MUST HAVE A TITLE. Even if it is something as simple as "Spike Manipulation".
9. Fanvideos are accepted. They must use the same header format and video must be under a cut. Video MUST BE an embedded file such as you would find on YouTube, GoogleVideo or MySpace Video. We won't take submissions that require people to download the video. They need to be viewable within the community and under a cut. You can put a download link at the bottom of the post, if you like but the video should be viewable in the post.
10. Fanmixes are accepted. They must use the same header format and all fanmix materials must be under a cut. Fanmixes should have at least a cover with a song listing and a zip file to download the songs. Because of copyright issues, ALL FANMIX POSTS MUST BE F-LOCKED! Cover and download information must be posted to the community, no fake cuts.
1. We do not, at this time, allow any incest pairings in fic/icons. These include by are not limited to: Simon/River, Buffy/Dawn/Joyce, Buffy/Dawn, Dawn/Joyce, Buffy/Joyce, Connor/Angel, Connor/Darla, Jasmine/Darla, Jasmine/Angel, Cordelia/Jasmine, Connor/Jasmine, etc. (Thank you to the Lie to Me Awards for the list!). Allusions to past incest such as parent/child molestation is a gray area so please comment here.
2. Non-consentual and rape depictions are not, at this time, allowed in submissions. Allusions to rape is a gray area so please comment here. Neither are depictions or allusions of sexual activities with persons under the age of 16. However, this shouldn't be an issue as...
3. Explicit (NC-17) fics/icons are not, at this time, allowed. Everything must be rated G-R. This goes for het and for slash submissions.
4. Crossover submissions are allowed as long as you stick to the prompt and that Buffy/Angel/Firefly/Dollhouse/Dr. Horrible is the focus.
5. Submissions do not have to be new. They just have to be written/created within one year of the challenge being issued. However, if your submission has been posted and voted on before at Still Grrr, it cannot be up for an award another time ie submissions must be new to Still Grrr for voting.
6. You can post stories over 2000 words, not up for voting, as long as they fit the rules and the prompt (so no NC-17, incest, etc. You know the rules). You cannot post more than 3 of these stories per prompt (we don't want to choke the community). No WIPs. No multi-chaptered fics. Have to use the same header for the community BUT, and this is a big but, the cut must go to your personal journal. A fake cut. In addition, because this comm is so active, mods reserve the right not to comment on these non-voting submissions. We want to give time to the people who have things posted in the comm and up for voting. It doesn't mean we don't like you, it just means we don't have time.
7. Please do not disable or delete comments. If someone leaves you a rude comment or flame, contact a mod right away. We can grab the IP, ban the user, and make sure they aren't welcomed here. Please don't disable comments. We tally comments for special awards as well as check them for outstanding support for awards. Also, directing someone to your personal journal, we feel, is not in the spirit of this community. We are very careful that personal stuff doesn't influence the voting and we can't do that on a personal journal, nor can we do anything if a flame or negative comment arises. Thanks for being understanding. We just want to keep the community just that, a community.
8. Please do not alter your posts dramatically once they have been approved without mod approval. Posts that have been dramatically altered may not be up for voting or added on elements may be disqualified. (Fixing LJ-cuts/typos/etc is encouraged and does not need mod approval.)
9. If you would like to affiliate, please either comment on the affiliate post or drop a line to jjsoapchat AT yahoo DOT com with "Grr Affiliate" in the subject. We will take anybody...no...really.